Some pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Reassessing goals

Over the past few weeks I've been posting my fitness and motivation thoughts and achievements each week here.   I'm really pleased with how I'm keeping up my training and fitness goals for this year, and as I want to keep better track of what I'm doing - I'm setting up a separate blog for that and moving it away from here.

Now that we are a quarter of the way through the year, I thought it would be a good time to reassess my overall goals for the year and see what I've achieved so far.

Disappointingly, I haven't made a lot of progress with them.
As I said my fitness goals are coming along nicely - and also I've been working on my blog and it too is growing and I can see progress made.

BUT - my goals of decluttering and organising my house, using up my fabric stash and learning more sewing techniques, aren't coming along too well.
Look - my fabric stash is still just as big:

And my house still feels like it needs MAJOR decluttering and organising!

At least I'm reassessing this now - in April - rather than get to the end of the year and find I've not achieved my goals!
Time to get myself into gear and start working on these goals.

USE UP MY FABRIC STASH

DECLUTTER
ORGANISE

This are the things I'm going to concentrate more on - and this will be reflected in my posts too!


How are you going with your goals for this year? or your New Year's Resolutions? Are you managing to stick to things and have you achieved things yet?

Spring is a good time for a fresh start!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!



11 comments:

  1. We are currently trying to organize and declutter before our second baby comes. It is hard work, but we have made a small dent. I have the office, garage, toy room, and kitchen left. Man, oh man, I have a lot to do by June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you're making progress!! At least you've got a firm deadline and a very good reason to keep going! Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  2. Looking at your stash....now, i find another thing we have in commom :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Nice to know I'm not alone!!!

      Delete
  3. Wait, was I supposed to make resolutions...? Heehee. I will follow your efforts in spirit and sometimes in fact! Good luck with them all, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich!!
      My cousin used to say that you should make your new years resolutions on your birthday as that's the start of your new year!!

      Delete
  4. Wow...good for you for reassessing! I'm working on organizing our home,too...it's getting better...one baby step at a time!

    I hope you are doing well, Jill...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently did this over about a two month period in my craft room. Got real about what I actually want to keep and will actually use. The rest... I sold!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Good for you Christy! I don't think I'm strong enough to sell any of my fabric stash. And my girls are starting to sew now - I'm sure they'll use some of it up for me too!

      Delete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails